Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Destined For An Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

By 6:47 PM , , , ,

Destined For An Early Grave (Night Huntress #4)
     by: Jeaniene Frost

Publication Date: July 28, 2009
Publisher: Avon
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-library
Page Count: 355 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars


Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.

                         -goodreads.com description

That moment when you literally cannot put a book down so you read the whole thing? Yep, just had one. Two reviews in one day?! Sickening I tell you. To be fair- I did take at least a day and a half to read the last one.

What can I say? This book ripped me apart. So I had to keep reading because there was no way I was finishing without my HEA. This is the fourth book in Jeaniene Frost's 'Night Huntress' series and it did not disappoint. Was I irritated? Yes. Was I heartbroken? Yes. Was I happy? Yes. I think I went through every sort of emotion possible in this book.

This is truly the first time in three books that we have seen Cat and Bones' relationship truly rocked to the core. He's overprotective, she's pig-headed. And gah, the miscommunication between them. They both say some pretty awful things to each other and at times really treat each other like crap. However, through it all, I would say this only strengthened their relationship.

I love love LOVE Vlad's character. He showed up in the previous book (it's Dracula!) and he's back for more. He's witty AND he really turns out to be on Team Cat. I'm glad he's got her back.

I was glad there hardly any (if at all) Tate in this book. He gets on my nerves. I get that he's in love with Cat, but constantly nagging her about her changing her mind? That's annoying on so many levels. Take the hint, buddy.

Cat's mom also plays another role in this book. I feel for her, I really do. We'll see how that plays out in more books. (Sorry- I won't spoil it for you!)

I have the fifth book on my Nook ready and rearing to go! And then I'm on the waitlist for the sixth one, so you'll finally be able to read a review that isnt part of this series. After this next one, I think I'll need a change of pace from vampires and go to on werewolves! The third Mercy Thompson book awaits me as well.

Chao!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi I am following you from Goodreads . .books and music are my passion too!!! Love your reviews <3
    If you would like to follow back my link is http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Your blog looks great as well!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.