Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

By 7:14 PM , , , , ,

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3)
    by Patricia Briggs

Publication Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Publisher: Ace
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 287 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

I could smell her fear, and it satisfied something deep inside me that had been writhing under her cool, superior gaze. I curled my upper lip so she could get a good look at my sharp teeth. I might only weigh thirty or so pounds in my coyote shape, but I was a predator...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson can shift her shape - but not her loyalty. When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to Mercy to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not.

Mercy's loyalty is under pressure from other directions, too. Werewolves are not known for their patience, and if Mercy can't decide between the two she cares for, Sam and Adam may make the choice for her...

                -goodreads.com description


Oh my. This was an extremely difficult book to read due to the high emotional content. Mercy is tested as she has never been tested before and I admit I went into reading this book already knowing what happened, and I am glad for that. I was able to mentally prep myself for what was to come. And I don't cry in books, I just don't. But at the end, I was so very very close. It was that emotional and heart breaking.

This is the third book in Patricia Briggs' Mercedes Thompson series and so far the best in my opinion, despite the above paragraph.

We finally get a resolution of the Mercy-Adam-Samuel love triangle and it turned out the way I wanted it to. Though, both guys are great, and I wish she could have them both!

But Adam makes this book. Hands down. I don't want to give anything away, but gah, he really does melt your heart and really does love Mercy- no. matter. what.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the fourth book!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.