Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

By 11:31 PM , , , ,

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1)
    by: Ilona Andrews

Publication Date: Apr. 1, 2007
Publisher: Ace
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-library
Page Count: 260 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3/5 stars

When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake.

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles.

The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings—and the death of Kate's guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she's way out of her league—but she wouldn't have it any other way…

                -goodreads.com description


I had some serious trouble getting into this book. It could have been because I was still in the Death Shop with Perry, Aria, and Roar from Under the Never Sky and I just wasn't ready to leave them behind just yet.

This is also the first book in the Kate Daniels series, so it is still introducing us to the characters, their world, etc. I loved the Kate-Curran dynamic. I'm excited to see more of those two together in future books.

Kate is a pretty tough chick, similar to Mercy Thompson or Cat Crawfield and I liked that about her.

I perused some of Good Reads reviews and saw alot of people saying this series gets better and better with each book. So, I put a hold on the second one, Magic Burns, and will see where the series takes us!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's true. I had the same problems, but friends kept telling me to keep going and it definitely did get better. I ended up giving the rest 4-5 stars and this one barely a 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad to hear that! Still waiting on the second one from my e-library. This must be a popular series!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.