Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Linger by Lauren Jameson

By 7:59 AM , , , , ,

Linger (In Vino Veritas #3)
   by: Lauren Jameson

Publication Date: Sept. 2, 2014
Publisher: NAL Trade
Genre: Erotic Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: Physical copy provided via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 304 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3.5/5 stars

From the author of Breathe and Blush comes a blisteringly hot new novel about baring it all.…

On her last night in Nevada before embarking on a yearlong veterinary internship, Scarlett Malone is celebrating—and looking for one night of incredible pleasure. But the man who draws her eye is not her usual type: He’s a cowboy whose alpha-male tendencies tempt her beyond belief. Scarlett can’t understand why she wants this man and no one else, but she’s determined to entice him to submit.…

Dr. Logan Brody lives an isolated life in rural Montana, running a ranch and suppressing his submissive tendencies. Only on his occasional trips does he give into his hidden urges. He can’t deny his scorching attraction to Scarlett or that she makes him want more, but he never lets anyone break him down fully. He’s hers for one night and one night only.

But when Scarlett shows up at Logan’s door as his intern for the year, he realizes that the walls around his heart are about to crumble—and that this sexy dominant woman has no intention of letting him keep control.…

 
 
I don't typically read many books in this genre, but I saw this one involved a sexy cowboy from Montana, so naturally I had to get my hands on it. I thought the role reversal in this one was extremely intriguing, as I usually read books with alpha males. Imagine my surprise when we meet 'Mistress' Scarlett! I was amazed to see how quickly her demeanor could go from sweet and nurturing to that of a very in control woman who does not like to be bossed around.
 
Dr. Logan Brody does not come across as a submissive in the least bit. The night he meets Scarlett at Veritas, he pushes her buttons and tempts her like she wouldn't believe. She can't deny the chemistry between her and this beautiful man and she is determined to have him submit to her for just one night. It kills her to walk away from him at the end of the night, but knows with her leaving to start an internship it would never be able to be anything more.
 
Of course, she is beyond shocked when their paths cross yet again, as her new internship in Montana happens to lead her straight to his door. Now, the two will have to decide if they can handle a Dom/Sub relationship in addition to working together on a daily basis. It is clear that Logan is the boss when it comes to the job, but once work is over? It's a whole other ballgame. Scarlett wants to have a relationship with Logan, but the Domme in her refuses to let him try and take control. Which he does. Often.
 
I don't know much about the BDSM lifestyle, but it was interesting to see how their roles of Dom and Sub come into play and how by Logan's struggle to submit, actually hurts Scarlett and she is afraid of getting very hurt by him. It isn't that Logan doesn't want to submit to her. From what I gathered, truly submitting to someone else is to completely bare yourself to that other person. You are entrusting them with so much. Logan is holding things back from his past from Scarlett, which really causes problems for their relationship. She wants him to trust that she will take care of his needs, but the alpha in him really wars with that. There are moments HE wants to be the one to take care of and pleasure her, but that only infuriates her more.
 
The two definitely struggle to find their balance and while this seems like more of an arrangement than passion and love, it's actually not. There are quite a few tender moments between Scarlett and Logan and I actually found I enjoyed reading those more because I could see how deep they were falling for one another.
 
I also really liked that this book had an actual story behind it. Sometimes when you read erotica, that's all there is. I liked seeing them work on their relationship, as well as realizing what they want from life and where they truly want to be. Scarlett has goals of her own and Logan knows without a doubt he won't leave the wide open country and pastures.
 
I'm glad I had the chance to read this book. I think Jameson is a talented writer and I liked reading about a lifestyle that I don't think I'll ever witness firsthand. I do still like my alpha males, but it was neat to read about such a dominant female. Though, how she managed to keep her wits about her when Dr. Logan Brody was going all alpha on her, I have NO idea!
 
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I do enjoy my BDSM books but I always read ones with alpha males, I deff would like to read one with the role reversal. Deff have to keep this one in mind. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.