Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

By 10:43 AM , , , , ,

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1)
    by: Patricia Briggs

Publication Date: Jan. 31, 2006
Publisher: Ace
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 288 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water...


           -goodreads.com description

This is book 1 of the Mercy Thompson series. I love reading books about kick ass females. Mercy is so awesome. She's a skinwalker and can shift into a coyote. This book has it all: vampires, werewolves, fae... you name it. I wouldn't say it was a quick, easy read. I definitely got into it, but for someone who needs the romance element in her books, this book didn't really have it. Sure, we are introduced to the two main guys in Mercy's life: Adam, alpha wolf of the local pack, and Samuel, the dominant wolf she fell in love with as a teen, but didn't reciprocate the same type of love.

The series has a lot of potential. I've already read the second book, Blood Bound, and it was good also. I've heard book three, Iron Kissed, is where it all starts to come to a head, so we'll see!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.