Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Sacrifice by Cayla Kluver

By 2:21 PM , , ,

Sacrifice (Legacy #3)
    by: Cayla Kluver

Publication Date: Oct. 23, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Historical Fantasy
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 438 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars


This is not the time for the fight to end. Now is when the fight will begin. This is the time to regain what has been lost.

Alera

Queen of a fallen kingdom, secretly in love with the enemy.

Shaselle

Daughter of a murdered father, rebel with a cause.

One lives behind the former Hytanican palace walls and walks the razor's edge to keep the fragile peace in her beloved homeland. The other slips through the war-torn streets, seeking retribution for her family's tragedy, following whispers of insurgency.

Both face choices that will separate them from those they cannot help but love. As their stories intertwine, a conspiracy ignites that may end in slavery or death—or lead to freedom anew, if only each can face what must be sacrificed.
             -goodreads.com description



At first when I saw this was a dual POV between Alera and Shaselle (Steldor's cousin) I was like......

But after reading it, I discovered I really liked Shaselle's story and I was glad Cayla included it.

This story had a few important plot twists. The first came with Shaselle and Saadi, a Cokyrian solider. I couldn't believe his outcome and was a bit disappointed with Cayla for setting him up and then.... nothing.

The one towards the end involving the High Priestess and Narian, well that pissed me off. Luckily, it was resolved, but I was like... seriously?!

I liked Narian alot more in this story. He and Alera are really in love with each other and it really shines in this book.

The trilogy wrapped up nicely and I was not disappointed.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.