Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Swoon Thursday #1

By 8:22 PM


Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound.
Here's what you do:
From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell me what made you swoon. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering. Shout it out on twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments or grab the button above and share it on your blog.
 
Since I just finished Kiera Cass's "The Selection", it's only fitting to include a couple of swoon-worthy scenes from her book.
 
#1:
 
"And so I obeyed. I stayed there quiet and still, while Aspen stared into my eyes. When he had his fill of that, he went to nuzzling his nose into my neck and hair. And then his hands were moving up and down the curve of my waist to my hip over and over and over. I heard his breathing get heavy, and something about that drew me in. His lips, hidden in my neck, started kissing me. I drew in sharp breaths. I couldn't help it. Aspen's lips traveled up my chin and covered my mouth, effectively silencing my gasps. I wrapped myself around him, our rushed grabbing and the humidity of the night covering us both in sweat. It was a stolen moment."
 
#2
 
"I'm so sorry. I've never kissed anyone before. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just... I'm sorry, America." He breathed a heavy sigh and ran his hand through his hair a few times, leaning against the railing.
 
I didn't expect it, but a warmth filled me.
He'd wanted his first kiss to be with me.
 
 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Ahhh, I really liked The Selection! Team Maxon! :D

    New follower! :)

    My Swoon Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alyssa for the follow! Woo Team Maxon!

    Love your post also! I really like New Adult books also, so I'm always looking for more. I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the book on the shelf, but never picked it.
    Great swoon, though, I must say.
    I might have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Tammy @ bosbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy for the follow! Loved your post also! I read JLA's Lux series and have Pure in my TBR pile.

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.