Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Top Ten Tuesday #2

By 8:12 PM

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Characters in X Genre
 
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
 
 
I chose to do my Top Ten Favorite Male Leads. You know the kind: the ones that make you swoon, make your heart skip a beat, yet are also the kind that make you want to scream in frustration because they make silly, stupid choices.
 
Here we go:
 
1. Tod, Soul Screamers series, by Rachel Vincent.
    Tod is an undead Reaper, whose job it is to reap souls ready for death. He is Kaylee's ex-boyfriend, Nash's brother. I don't usually switch teams in a book series, but I did for this one! I was hoping Kaylee and Nash would work it out, but I'm glad they weren't able to. Tod doesn't really become a focal point until If I Die, but after that... it's over. Be still my heart. This guy is so unbelieveably good for Kaylee, it makes me grin like a moron.
 
2. Daemon, Lux series, by Jennifer L. Armentrout
   Daemon Black is an alien. An oh so sexy alien and such a bad boy. He was a real douche in the first book to Katy, and it wasn't until the end that I ended up liking him. But then he melted me into a puddle of goo, and the rest is history.
 
3. Four, Divergent series by Veronica Roth
    I loved how Four completely balanced Tris. They really challenged each other in Insurgent and I can't wait to see how it all plays out in Roth's final book!
 
4. Perry, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    I haven't read Through the Ever Night yet, but I loved Perry in UTNS. His and Aria's romance was a slow build, but once it did, it was so sweet.
 
5. Sam, Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
    For a five thousand year old soul, Sam is the sweetest, most caring male lead I have read about in awhile. He genuinely cares about Ana and I loved how he wanted to take care of and was so patient and willing to teach her new things.
 
6. Will, Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
    Oh, Will. You are the one I wanted to scream at and hit most of all. I hated the whole build up with you and Tessa, only to have you be an idiot and basically make her feel like trash. I get the reason why you did what you did, but gah. I was irritated.
 
7. Dimitri, Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
   This is obvious. Sure, he was a jerk after becoming a Strigoi, and even after he had turned back, but in the final VA book, he has so many sweet lines and moments with Rose, it really tugs at my heart strings.
 
8. Henry, Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter
   Henry infuriated me. More so in the second book than the first. For the God of the Underworld, he really does suck at communication. He broke Kate's (and my!) heart more times that I can even count. But those small, rare moments where he finally shows his true feelings... swoon.
 
9. Griffin, The Girl in the Steel Corset  by Kady Cross
   Griffin, although a Duke, does not fit under the Duke stereotype at all. He doesn't prefer social engagements, and much prefers to stick with his friends. When he meets Finley, he wants to help her gain control of both of her light and dark sides, but ends up seeing her for the strong, kick butt female she really is and he is definitely warming up to her.
 
10. Kaleb, Timepiece by Myra McEntire
    We meet Kaleb in McEntire's Hourglass, as this tough talking tattooed bad boy. We really see him evolve in Timepiece and seeing him interact with Lily is the swooniest thing ever.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.