Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Feature and Follow Friday #15

By 12:38 AM

The Feature & Follow is a weekly event that allows bloggers to get to know each other, and gain more followers! It is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Leave me a comment and let me know how you followed so I can follow you back! You can also follow me on Twitter- because I love tweeting about books!
 
Q: Have you broken up with a series? Which one and why?
 
I actually broke up with Lauren Oliver's Delirium series. I read both Delirium and Pandemonium and just couldn't bring myself to read Requiem. I thought the books were a little on the slower side, to be honest. They just didn't grab my attention like I needed them to.
 


I also ended things with Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. Which is a bummer because I loved those books! But then it just became all about sex with a million different guys and less about the preternatural aspect I loved so much.

 
Finally, I haven't completely broken up with this series yet. I am going to read the next book, but Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy did not do it for me. At least the first book didn't. I didn't really like Gwen and I felt like the storyline just dragged on and was more about teen drama than the mythology part I was looking for. We'll see how the second goes before I make a judgement call.
 
 
Those are mine! What series did you end up calling it quits with?
 

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I quit the Anita Blake series too.. I read up to book 2 and then I was done. Just wasn't for me.

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read quite a few, but after awhile I just couldn't do it anymore. Thanks for stopping by Angie!

      Delete
  2. The Anita blake series is a popular one, it's like 20 books long, isn't it? No wonder! lol

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New G+ Follower :)
    Old follower Bloglovin and GFC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super long! And they're still coming! I quit after at least 10.

      Delete
  3. I still need to start Jennifer's series. I have the first 4 books in my TBR pile, all free, so hoping that I like them since they're signed! Not that that's really an excuse though!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you end up liking them too! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed they get better. It's got a really cool idea behind it!

      Delete
  4. I actually enjoyed the 1st two books in the Delirium series. Be glad that you stopped with Pandemonium. I've heard Requiem is really not as good as the first two. I haven't read it myself because I'm so apprehensive after reading the disappointed reviews.

    Never read any Anita Blake books myself but I've heard of soo many people breaking up with her books.

    Do drop by my FF. :)
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people were super disappointed in Requiem. I hate that for the fans of the series. There's nothing worse than loving a series and have a less than stellar ending.

      Delete
  5. Well I haven't heard of the last two but Delirium bums me out! You're not the first person I've heard this from and it's a series that I've really been looking forward to. I guess that's why it's still sitting here unopened. I'm afraid I'm not going to like it :(

    I'm an old stalker and I heart your blog <3 :P

    Sheri @ Tangled Up In Books My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi old stalker! I heart your blog too! :D Yeah, I wanted to like Delirium- I really did. But, it just wasn't for me sadly.

      Delete
  6. I finished the Delirium series, but I was really disappointed by the last book! PS: new follower on bloglovin!

    My FF:
    http://www.evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep hearing people say! That stinks. :( Thanks for the follow Eveline!

      Delete
  7. Sorry these couldn't keep your interest.

    happy friday!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on Delirium. I did actually finish the series but I wasn't a big fan of it and after the end of Requiem, I regret ever reading them at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard! Yeah, I went to the store and flipped to the end of Requiem just to see if she chose Alex or Julian. And that's probably the last time I'll ever look at it.

      Delete
  9. I was SO in love with the Delirium series. It's hard to still say that when I didn't love Requiem. I'm trying to think of what I've flounced... I'm not sure but there are a tons of series I'm behind in so we'll see what happens. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I really wanted to like Delirium. I thought the concept was so neat, but something was just lacking for me. Ah well.

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.