Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: No Strings Attached by Nicolette Day

By 9:46 AM , , , , , ,

No Strings Attached
   by: Nicolette Day

Publication Date: June 10 2013
Publisher: Entangled: Flirt
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: e-ARC received from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 62 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars


She wants one night. He wants her forever. Hayden Summers just landed the job of a lifetime taking pictures for Time magazine, but she’s determined to leave with no regrets. The first thing on her list? Erase the memory of her cheating ex with a wild night of anonymous sex. The second? Figure out why her best friend, sexy bar owner Jace Jennings, stopped speaking to her the night she told him about the job. Jace has a problem. Hayden isn’t just leaving the country, she’s risking her life—just when he’s realized he’s in love with her. When fate traps them in the storage room of his bar together, barely contained desire simmers to surface. In one last attempt to keep her, Jace offers Hayden the one thing she wants: a night of hot sex, no strings attached. But when the night is over, will Jace be able to let her go? And will Hayden leave with her heart intact?
                                               -goodreads.com description

Oh this book was way too short! I did not realize it was a novella until after the fact, and now I want more! I think I read this book in an hour, it was such a fast read. And whew! It was a steamy one!

I loved the chemistry between Hayden and Jace. They have been best friends for a long time, and have been there for each other through some very difficult times. Hayden is dealing with the aftermath of her ex-fiancée running off with another woman and Jace was there to comfort her and be the friend she needed to lean on. Hayden was also there for Jace during their younger years, as he struggled with his mom's cancer. She had always had a crush on him, and he liked her, but he refused to drag her further down in his despair and troubles.

Now, Hayden is leaving for the job opportunity of a lifetime, and she wants one wild night- free of inhibitions, free of the way her ex-fiancée made her feel and treated her. However, as much as Jace doesn't want to let her go, because he's in love with her, he definitely won't let her offer a night of sex to some stranger. He plans on fighting for the girl he loves and make her realize that she's the one he's wanted all along.

I love books about best friends realizing there's something more! The pent up sexual tension these two have, is enough to drive you crazy! And when they finally give in to their desires- holy crap. It was seriously hot.

Definitely a great novella, but I need more Jace. *Hint, hint!*

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Sounds really good and will most likely leave me wanting more. That is one of the things I hate about really good novellas. Definitely checking this one out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, this one is awesome Chelsea. SO good. She is coming out with a full-length novel about one of the other characters, so I'll take it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVED this one! I wish I could read more of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hopefully they make an appearance in Nate's book.

      Delete
  3. I love all these Brazen books but I hate short books! But I also hate long books. I'm just picky I guess :)
    I want to read all these Brazen books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was very recently introduced to the Brazen books and now I'm obsessed. Love them!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.