Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

ARC Review: Tangling with the CEO by Annie Seaton

By 2:36 PM , , , , ,

Tangling with the CEO (Half Moon Bay #1)
   by: Annie Seaton

Publication Date: Dec. 9, 2013
Publisher: Entangled: Bliss
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: Received from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 202 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3/5 stars


Mixing business with pleasure never felt so right.

Blake Buchanan and Anastasia Delaney were roommates in college and could never see eye to eye about anything. The only time their walls came down was during one night of passion before Ana left without a word, never expecting to cross paths with Blake again.

Years later, Blake has made his millions. He comes back to Ana’s small California town to manage a corporate takeover that will close down the home restoration business she’s poured her heart and soul into. The fiery Ana is determined to convince money-minded Blake of her business’s worth, but when a family emergency throws them together, their walls come tumbling down once again…

Problem is, Blake’s business-first position hasn’t changed. And Ana can’t fall for the man who could become her boss—it’s not only her job at stake, but her heart.



When I first saw this pop up on NetGalley, I was really excited to read this! I love the idea of falling in love with a sexy CEO! With that in mind, while I really liked the idea behind Tangling with the CEO, the novel fell a little short for me. I don't know if it's because I don't read a whole lot of adult romances or what, but they seem to lack some of the steam and angst I crave from new adult. The storyline was sweet and I liked Ana and Blake for the most part, but this wasn't one that really left a lasting impression.

Ana and Blake were once roommates in college and after one sexy night and the promise of great things to come, Ana up and walked out of Blake's life without a trace. She has her reasons for doing so, though I felt she should have at least explained to the guy the situation at hand instead of just walking away from the greatest night of your life. Blake is hurt by this, and while he has never forgotten Ana, he has moved on to be very successful at his job.

These two are thrown back together after years of separation and you can tell there is definitely still attraction between them. However, both Blake and Ana are really frustrating when it comes to working things out. They are horrible at communicating with one another and feelings get hurt on more than one occasion due to this.

I appreciate that Ana is a strong, independent woman and she cares greatly about her small business. She doesn't want Blake to come in and take over a good service they provide to locals- she wants to prove to him that there is a lot of good going on in their small town. Blake's position definitely alters upon visiting Half Moon Bay and I'm glad he made the business decisions he did.

I did like Blake's nieces and nephews. They definitely livened up the story and it was really sweet to see him interact and worry over them.

Overall, while this was a cute read, it just didn't do much for me. I liked Blake and Ana, but I didn't feel invested in them. They were just kind of there in the story and I could have used more development. I also felt the writing style was a bit simplistic at times and just didn't flow quite as fluidly as I would have liked. However, a lot of others really enjoyed this one- so don't let me deter you from checking this one out just because it didn't really work for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.