Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Waiting on Wednesday #60

By 1:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights books whose releases we are eagerly awaiting!






Last Second Chance
    by: Caisey Quinn

New Adult Contemporary Romance
Expected Release: May 19, 2014


When Stella Jo Chandler gets an offer to work at the Second Chance Ranch celebrity rehab facility right after graduating from Texas A&M, she’s tempted to turn it down. She wants to help real people with real problems, not spoiled celebrities going on vacation for publicity. But growing up on her family’s ranch left her with a love of horses that draws her to the opportunity. How bad can babysitting a bunch of strung out celebrities be?

What she didn’t count on was being roped into a tangled mess with infamous rocker and three-time rehab drop out Van Ransom on her first day. And she sure didn’t expect to feel the overwhelming attraction that pulls her to the man who has more issues than she can count on both hands. Like the hotel rooms and tour buses he’s famous for trashing, the havoc he could wreak on Stella’s heart would be irreparable.

Van isn’t at Second Chance for publicity or because he’s suffering from “exhaustion”. He’s on the brink of destruction, and he needs the kind of help Stella isn’t sure she can give. But without her, he'll lose everything. Because he’s on his last second chance...

 
 
 
 
      by: Elizabeth Lee

New Adult Contemporary Romance
Expected Release: May 20, 2014

 
There is something to be said for letting go. Ryland Roberts knows that better than anyone. He'd let go of his ambitions, of his family and—most of all—of her. He'd perfected the art of putting his past behind him and accepted the fact that the town he wanted to leave in his rearview was the place where he was going to live out his days. But sometimes the past doesn't just go away. Sometimes it comes back to haunt you.

Piper Jameson convinced herself that she left for all the right reasons. She'd saved people by leaving—made sure that they weren't tainted by her rebellious ways. When her little sister asks her to come home and say goodbye to their ailing mother, she's forced to see that things aren't always as they seem. The people who she'd left behind might not have been saved at all.

In the amount of time it takes a bullet to travel from point A to point B, Piper and Ryland will have to put their feelings for each other aside and make a choice. Forced on the run with Piper's sister, they begin to understand that the future they thought was gone was never really lost.

 
I am SO excited for both of these! I love these girls and everything they write!!!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Both are totally new to me! Don't sound like my kind of read, but still hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound amazing and I am in love with the cover for Where There's Smoke! Gahh! Great picks Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I love these gals so I can't wait for their books. And I agree- WTS's cover is gorgeous! I wish I had long pretty blonde hair...

      Delete
  3. Oooh these do sound really good! Being a Texas girl myself I'm def gonna have to add Last Second Chance to my TBR! I'll have to keep an eye out for your reviews!! Cant wait!! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love Caisey's books! She really does a great job of capturing the southern feel!

      Delete
  4. Both of them just sound really good! AH! And I really like the covers!! :D Lovely picks my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! This looks like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, Jessica, I haven't heard of either of these! I hope you read and enjoy them, and I'll check out your reviews :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 Big hugs Alyssa! I'm excited for these.

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.