Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Life update

By 9:49 AM

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you all a heads up as to what's been going on and why I haven't been posting reviews and such like I usually do.
 
This summer has been quite a whirlwind for me with all the traveling, conferences, etc. I've done. I have not read nearly as much as I had anticipated and while that really upset me, I realize it was a much needed slow down. Reading and blogging are a hobby but I took on too much and soon it felt more like a job than a fun thing. I have no one to blame but myself, but I hate that I let myself get to the point of being so burnt out that I wondered if I even wanted to continue doing this.

I've talked to a few really good friends about this and they have been really supportive of my trying to get everything figured out and I really can't even express how appreciative I have of them. Slumps are never fun and I'm hoping going back to school will reinvigorate me to read and blog again. It was my much needed escape after a long work day, so I have a feeling things will iron back out when I get back on a schedule.
 
On top of all that, I am actually moving this week. I have been planning to move closer to my work for quite some time now, but kind of slacked off on finding an apartment. Last week, however, I found what I wanted and luckily, they were able to move me in THIS WEEK. (Whew!) So, I will probably be even more scarce than I was before until I get all packed up, moved in, and situated. I don't have a TON of stuff to pack, but the deadline is on as I really want to get settled before school starts on the 4th.

 
 
I do have some reviews and tours lined up in the next couple of weeks that I am really excited for, so stay tuned for those. I just wanted to give everyone an update as to what was going on and why I haven't posted like I used to and why I haven't been commenting like I want to.
 
<3 Jessica


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I think we all go through blogging slumps. I know I've certainly gone through them, and I've never been as active a blogger as you are! Congratulations on your new apartment. Having a shorter commute can be a life-saver. I hope you find your mojo back once school starts. I'm going through quite the reading slump right now myself due to some serious life upheaval, so I can certainly relate. I hope your last couple of weeks of summer are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your life gets more organized and less busy soon. I know how frustrating it is to get into a reading and blogging slump.But do whatever you need to do, take a break or cut back on blogging, so it doesn't feel like a job. When blogging starts to feel like a job it just sucks all the fun and enjoyment out of blogging, so don't feel guilty if you need to take a break.
    Hope you have a good move :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta do what's best for you and I bet a bit of a break is just what you need. I'll firmly believe blogging should always be fun. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand what you mean and, as Teresa said, you do what's best for you! I've been feeling like I might need a break as well... :) You have a safe move and a wonderful week! Just remember you are awesome and you totally rock!!! *hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M LOVING THE MINION YOU INCLUDED THERE :D

    (If you didn't already know, I'm obsessed with all things Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. But especially the minions.)

    And I think you need naptime, lady. Go on, we don't mind :)

    But in all seriousness, take a nice, lovely break! You're on summer mode, just like us students. And happy moving! Be sure to DM/message me your new address. For important purposes ;D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you!!

    I'm glad you are taking a break and doing what's best for you. I know how stressed you were about it and how much the slump was weighting you down. xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.