Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

By 8:44 AM , , , ,

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6)
   by: Richelle Mead

Publication Date: Feb. 10, 2015
Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 348 pages
Order Links: Amazon| B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.


 
The Ruby Circle was one of my most anticipated reads this year, as well as series enders. I am really happy to say that it did not disappoint. I say this even with the much discussed length of the book. I will admit that I am with the masses in agreeing that it was too short. I felt like storylines could have been developed a bit more fully as I felt they were resolved rather quickly.
 
One of the things that I struggled with in previous books was that I had trouble getting into them. It took a bit to get going and really immerse myself. I felt this same feeling in this one, but only for a brief moment. It didn't take long until I was back in Sydrian dreamland, but I was a bit bummed there weren't as many sexy, swoony times in this one than there had been in previous ones. Things are not all butterflies and flowers for them either. They have some real issues to face and I would have liked to see more communication between them instead of planning to discuss it later. Eventually later turned into one quick conversation that resolves it all. I do like how independent these characters are. Sydney and Adrian are able to make choices that are best for everyone, even at the expense of being at one another's side. It shows their strength as a couple and I really loved that.
 
Where are my Vampire Academy fans at? Get ready VA lovers! This is the book that will really blend both worlds and I really loved getting to spend time with some of my old favorites. I do wish some storylines from that world were expanded upon a bit, as there is still so much I would like to know and see how they played out. However, I found myself grinning from ear to ear as Sydrian pairs up with another couple we love so much. It was just enough of a crossover to make me happy and it didn't take away or distract from the Bloodlines world. (Sometimes series do crossovers and they focus too much on previous characters and storylines.)
 
Finishing this series was definitely bittersweet, especially knowing it would be the last one in the Vampire Academy world. I did enjoy the epilogue though, so that definitely helped ease the pain a bit.
 
 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I will catch up on this series this year! Once I have some time to breathe again I want to binge the last few books in the series! I am kinda mad at myself for letting myself fall behind, but oh well. Great review Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review, Jess! This was such a hard one to finish because I love Sydrian SO MUCH. Why did it have to be so short?! I agree, Richelle definitely could have made it longer. :/ But that epilogue was a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this one didn't disappoint! I haven't read a single Mead book, so I know nothing about these books - except that this book was suuuuuuper highly anticipated by like everyone (except me). I may or may not read the series, but hey, at least I know the series doesn't lag at any point!

    Awesome review, Jess!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.