Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Tasty Tuesday #13

By 1:00 AM

Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!


I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
 Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.


 Today I am featuring:
 
Skillet Lasagna
 

 
(I realize the presentation plate is a bit messy... LOL. It's messy goodness though. I promise.)
 
 
Ingredients:
 
-1lb. ground beef, lean
-1 tbsp. garlic, minced
-1/4 tsp salt and pepper
-1 jar spaghetti sauce
-2 cups water
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
-1 cup onion, chopped
-1/4 tsp red pepper
-6 dried lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
-3/4 cup ricotta cheese
 
Directions:
 
1. Cook ground beef in large skillet.
2. Stir in garlic, onion, and spices. Cook until veggies are soft.
3. Sprinkle broken lasagna in skillet. Pour in spaghetti sauce and water.
4. Cover and cook. Simmer (20 minutes).
5. Remove from heat. Dot 1 tbsp. of ricotta over noodles then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover and let skillet stand off heat until cheeses are melted.
7. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
 
Notes:
 
*I think the original recipe called for cottage cheese instead of ricotta as a healthier alternative.
 
*Strategically place dry noodles in skillet. Don't put them all on top of one another. Spread them out on top of the meat and veggies. This helps later as you're cutting into slices.
 
Serving Size: 1 slice (1 cup full)
Serves: 8
Cook Time: 25 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
 
Recipe taken from www.skinnykitchen.com

 

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Man that looks good. Okay, now I'm starving and it's not even 7 am. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That is the one downside to posting food recipes in the morning! I always get hungry when I think about it too because it's usually what I'll be having for dinner that night!

      Delete
  2. YUM! This looks SO good and easy too! Thanks love :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You know I'm all about the easy! Haha.

      Delete
  3. Hey, I made this last week too! Kind of. I don't have a skillet that big so I made it in my dutch over pot instead. I used the cottage cause I love cottage cheese in spaghetti and lasagna. And some of the best food are the messiest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I saw it on your STS post and I was like heeeey! Nereyda made lasagna too! I think I'll try the cottage cheese next time! I'm sure I'll like that too! And you're right. Messy food is usually the best, ROFL.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. :) Thanks hun! It's a new favorite for sure!

      Delete
  5. Oh boy, this looks awesome!! I've already had dinner and I'm drooling! Clearly this is another recipe that I will try at home!
    Thank you for sharing, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Pili! Definitely let me know if you ever decide to make any of these recipes! I am always curious if people enjoy as much as I do!

      Delete
  6. Oh! That looks really good, and I think I might have to try it!

    I'm glad you made the ricotta substitution though. I probably would have passed it up if the recipe said cottage cheese because I am not a fan of that stuff. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.