Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Burn, Rewrite, or Reread Tag!

By 8:00 AM

 
Hey guys! So Danielle from Love at First Page tagged me to do the
 
BURN
 
 
 
REWRITE
 
 
or REREAD
 
 

TAG!
 
Wooo!
 
The rules: there are three rounds, wherein I use a random number picker applied to my “read” shelf on Goodreads for three books, and then decide what I’ll do to those three: burn, rewrite, or reread. I decided to go ahead and keep it strictly YA this time around.
 
 
ROUND ONE:
 
 
Well, I guess there's no holding back now is there?!
 
 
BURN: Storm Warning. I loved this book, but in comparison to the other two, this would be the one that would have to go. Sadface.
 
REWRITE: A Court of Thorns and Roses. Yeah. If I rewrote this Rhys wouldn't exist and there would be no love triangle possibilities EVER.
 
REREAD: The Stars Never Rise. This was one of my favorite books of the year and I loved Finn so much. I would definitely reread this one.
 
ROUND TWO:
 
 
 
 
BURN: Salt & Storm. I only say this because of what happened to my ship. I really loved this book personally.
 
REWRITE: Ink and Bone. I don't know that I would rewrite anything per say, but I wouldn't mind cutting out some things that made the novel feel longer.
 
REREAD: The Girl with the Iron Touch. I was so desperate for this book at the time it came out. I adored Griffin and Finley and this is the book where the magic happens. So, yeah. Definite reread.
 
ROUND THREE:
 
 
BURN: Tumble & Fall. I didn't hate this book, but I definitely didn't love it either. When it came to this and my rewrite, I was a little torn because both books were pretty meh for me. They could have gone either way to be honest. Had either this or the other been rewritten, I would have liked them....
 
REWRITE: Another Little Piece. I remember being too damn confused with this one. I looked back at my review and I liked it, but remember struggling to figure everything out and I wasn't a fan of that.
 
REREAD: Clockwork Princess. I would reread this up until the epilogue. And then I would close the book. Because I think it's a cop out and she did it to appease both "teams". Don't try to argue with me logically either. Because LOGICALLY, I get it and I'm not without a heart for a poor girl who is immortal. So. Whatever. I'm going to be stubborn on this one.
 
 
I'm going to tag:
 
Krystianna (Downright Dystopian)
 
as well as anyone else who wants to try their hand at this near impossible task!
 

 
 

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. What a great feature! I always wanted to read The Girl with the Iron Touch and Clockwork Princess (I still have to start with that serie!!!). Cassandra Clare is defintely one of my favorite authors.

    Please check out my blog if you like :) http://readiculously-peachy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I loved the Girl with the Iron Touch! That series is just a favorite! And The Infernal Devices is definitely a favorite as well!

      Delete
  2. This is going to be so much fun! I cannot wait to do this! Also... I love your reason for rewriting ACOTAR because YES! Tamlin forever and the next book is going to kill me! Also, I love how people have such strong opinions on the CP2 epilogue... personally I adored it (even though I am a Will girl through and through) but I know so many people hated it haha. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! YAY! YES. I was hoping people would be get my ACoTAR reasoning! I guess I'm just being stubborn on the CP2 epilogue. I just wanted WILL FOREVER AND EVER.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the first time! I'm totally re-writing ACOTAR and getting rid of that bastard so there is never any possibility of a love triangle!
    And I want to re-read The Stars too! Love that book so much! :)

    I had heard about the ship in Salt and Storm. I would totally want to burn it too! I clearly need to read the Kady Cross book!

    Ugh. Tumble & Fall. Totally burning that one myself. I really didn't like that book.

    I'm excited to do this one and also a teensy bit nervous! It should be fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love that you called him a bastard. Hahaha. I was so heartbroken in Salt and Storm! I was like WHYYYYY. And yes. Kady Cross's series is so good!

      Delete
  4. This tag seems so difficult! I really need to read The Stars Never Rise! I just got a copy in at the library so I will have to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh girl. It was SO hard. Because who wants to burn books? (Unless it was a DNF or a low starred one!) I'm so excited for you to read Stars! I hope you love it as much as I did!

      Delete
  5. Oh this sounds like fun! I DEFINITELY agree with getting rid of that unnecessary love triangle in ACOTAR. I think that's why I didn't enjoy the second half as much as the first. It was there for the purpose of being a love triangle. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! UNNECESSARY is the best word ever for it.

      Delete
  6. I WOULD RE-WRITE ACoTAR too. No one wants Rhys around. HE CAN JUST GO HOME and stay there and never come back again. In fact he can just stop existing. (Can you tell I am mad?)

    I am with you about Salt & Storm though! I was 1/4 way through the book and really liking it and then I figured out what happened at the end. *shudders* I am glad I decided to put it down .-.

    I WOULD TOTALLY rewrite Clockwork Princess though. Not only did that epilogue disappoint me but there were so many other things in the book that just didn't live up to my expectations :/

    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYYYY! Let's be mad together Rashika! Because oooh I don't even know if I can handle the second book.

      I was so sad about Salt and Storm because I actually really enjoyed it. But that was not cool what happened.

      Delete
  7. Umm...so...(almost) every single one of these is on my radar or I even own but....I haven't read any of them yet :D Round 3 is such a bummer. I've been wanting to read both your burn and rewrite but you're probably the umpteenth person who has been just meh about them so IF I ever get to them it'll be a looooong time from now haha. And I'm kinda scared about the Clockwork Princess epilogue now...*bites nails*

    Thanks for tagging me! I think mine is posting within the hour. I had lots of fun with it! It kind of gave me that "Aww! Blogging!" feeling. (Which frankly I need haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. SHERI. You haven't read them?! I think Tonya really liked Another Little Piece, so maybe give it a shot? I didn't know you didn't read Clockwork Princess yet! It's not a BAD epilogue but I'm just being a little brat about it. LOL.

      And I'm glad you had fun!

      Delete
  8. I love your answer for ACOTAR! I completely agree, though I haven't read it yet haha.
    The Stars Never Rise is a favorite for me too; so glad you didn't burn it. :D
    Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I'm so freaking mad about that book and series.

      Delete
  9. Ahhh yes, I remember seeing this and not having time to comment. Okay i'm not trying to be the devil's advocate but I WOULDN'T rewrite acotar. I know everyone's upset about the rhys situation but i'll be honest. I thought his character and involvement in acotar was perfect. He's a COMPLEX character that's not straight up good or bad and there is NO sign of romance between him and feyre so there's nothing to be upset about (... yet? lol) in my opinion he needed to be there and made the story that much more interesting.

    all that being said... I WILL throw a fit if a love triangle forms because what the hell, no. but if it stays away from that, I think he could play a really interesting part (i mean, the night court and his background sound totally intriguing).

    I'm sorry i totally got side tracked haha. I actually haven't read a bunch of these! I want to read the girl with the iron touch! i want to try more steampunk now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.