Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: My Strongest Weakness by Brighton Walsh

By 8:00 AM , , , , ,

My Strongest Weakness ('90s Playlist Anthology)
    by: Brighton Walsh

Publication Date: Oct. 13, 2015
Publisher: Self-Published
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Source: e-ARC received via the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 353 (anthology total)
Order Links: Amazon
My Rating: 4/5 stars

It was supposed to be a one-time thing. No one would find out; no one would have to know. And then once turned into twice, and twice turned into several times a week, and now pierced, punk-loving, rebellious Tia Lanning is banging Mason Brooks, the big man on campus and Mr. All American. But banging him isn’t the problem. Falling for him is. Especially when he’s content to let her remain his dirty little secret.

 
 
I was super excited to see Brighton was writing a novella for this anthology because 1) I love Brighton's books and 2) I love all things '90s and seeing '90s references makes me happy because it transports me back to my youth. (LOVED the Sugar Ray reference, B!)
 
This was a fun read for me. Tia and Mason are as different as different can be, but are incredibly attracted to one another, despite those differences. So much of the '90s is classified by cliques, as seen on movies and tv, and we see that again here. Tia is the alternative one and Mason is the all-American frat boy football playing wonder. It doesn't make sense for them to be together, hence the sneaking around. They establish a few major rules at the onset of their 'relationship', but Mason ends up rocking their comfortable balance by instating a new one- one that could potentially change everything for these two.
 
In typical Brighton fashion, we definitely get our share of sexy times between our main characters. The 'forbidden' aspect of it made it that much hotter, but I did find myself looking forward to seeing them together and not stealing moments here and there. Mason and Tia aren't perfect and they definitely make some mistakes along the way, but I enjoyed seeing them figure things out and realize what truly matters in the grand scheme of things.
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This was such a fun read and I so loved the 90s setting. Brighton always delivers a good read. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brighton Walsh's romances get me every time! I loved that she paired a goth girl with a frat boy, especially since it's set in the 90s. And the sexy times were of course HOT. I just wish it could have been longer!
    Lovely review, Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.