Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Tasty Tuesday #50

By 1:00 AM

Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
 
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
 
 Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
 
Today I am featuring:
 
White Chicken Chili
 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
-2 (14.5oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
-4 cups low sodium chicken broth
-1 tbsp. vegetable oil
-1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
-2 medium poblano peppers, seeded and diced
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tbsp. ground cumin
-1-1/2 tsps. ground coriander
-1 tsp ancho chili powder
-salt
-1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
-3/4 cup frozen corn
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1 tbsp. lime juice
-sour cream
-tortilla chips
 
Directions:
 
1. In a food processor, blend 1 can of the beans with 1 cup of the chicken broth. Set aside.
 
2. Add the vegetable oil to a large pot and heat it over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeno pepper, and poblano peppers and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
 
3. Add the garlic and saute for one minute more.
 
4. Add the cumin, coriander, and chili powder and continue to cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute more to toast the spices.
 
5. Add the chicken stock, pureed beans, and 1/2 tsp of salt; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
 
6. Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken, other can of white beans, corn, cilantro, and lime juice. Bring back to a simmer and cook until everything is heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt and lime juice, if necessary. (The broth will be somewhat soupy- that's how it is supposed to be. It thickens the longer it sits.)
 
7. Serve the chili in individual bowls with sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.
 
Notes:
 
-The chili thickens as it sits. If you make it ahead of time, you will probably need to add more broth or water to thin it out.
 
-I didn't have ground coriander or ancho chili powder. I used regular chili powder and then added garlic powder, Adobo seasoning, and Cajun seasoning instead.
 
Serves: 4-6
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Cook Time: 35 minutes
My Rating: 5 stars. I loved this so much. Will definitely be making again!
 
Recipe taken from: www.onceuponachef.com
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Really liking the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It is definitely a new favorite!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I was already jealous when we were talking about this last night and now there's pictures. This sounds SO SO SO delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh sounds yummy and a way to try and eat white beans because I really am not a fan usually! But a thick yummy chili sounds perfect for winter evenings!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I hated beans before chili! LOL. I would never EAT chili because of the beans. But then lo and behold my friend gave me a chili recipe to try and I fell in love. (Granted I make them as petros- with sour cream, cheese, and chips) So now I don't LOVE beans but I can tolerate them.

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.