Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Legacy by Cayla Kluver

By 1:39 PM , , ,

Legacy (Legacy #1)
    By: Cayla Kluver

Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Historical Fiction
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 496 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3/5 stars

I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.

In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.

When the palace guard captures and intruder— a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy— Alera is alarmed… and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.

In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.
                 -goodreads.com description



After reading countless books about vampires, werewolves, shifters, faeries, I must admit this was a welcome change of pace. Cayla Kluver did a great job creating a new world and everything that went with it. Out of the trilogy, this one was probably my least favorite, however. Cayla is very detailed and descriptive and this book sets the stage, introduces you to the characters, explains their daily life and routine. The second and third books are where the action really comes in and keeps you reading.

This was also the first book where I really didn't like either male lead. Steldor was your typical arrogant, cocky, jackass and Narian was a bit immature and aloof for my tastes. I don't feel like his character showed any kind of depth... until you got more towards the end.

Alera, the book's protagonist, was ok for me. Again, I like her better in the other 2 books, where she really has to come into her own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.