Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Something Reckless by Lexi Ryan

By 9:40 AM , , , , ,





Something Reckless (Reckless & Real #1)
    by: Lexi Ryan

Publication Date: Dec. 22, 2014
Publisher: Self-Published
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Source: e-ARC received from AToMR Tours in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 248 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N | Kobo
My Rating: 4/5 stars

He talks dirty to me, but I don’t know his name.

He wants to tie me up, but I don’t know his face.

He turns me on, but I couldn’t point him out in a crowd.

I’ve fallen for an anonymous stranger, and now the anonymity ends. I want more than typed secrets and texted promises. I want something reckless. Heat. Passion. The thrill of being entirely possessed.

Because I suspect this anonymous stranger isn’t a stranger at all.

*****

Lizzy Thompson met riverrat69 online through a service promising to deliver meaningful relationships by forbidding its users to share names or photos until they’ve reached a certain benchmark. She was looking for love. He was researching an investment. They hit it off. Talked and flirted, hid behind screen names and cartoon avatars.

Now they’re breaking the rules and meeting in person. But Liz is prepared. She’s picked up hints and followed clues. She’s nearly convinced she’s discovered the identity of her dirty-talking online friend.

She wonders if her ex-lover Sam Bradshaw knows her identity too.
When she rolls the dice on one reckless night, her chance at something real could crumble.

 
 
 
 
I have been super excited to start Lizzy's story, especially after getting her twin sister Hanna's in the Here and Now series. As twins, Lizzy and Hanna couldn't be more different. Where Hanna has struggled with feeling she has never measured up to her sister in terms of beauty, Lizzy has had her own set of problems to face. Having fallen in love with her best friend's older brother and known the pain of being rejected by him, Lizzy has sought love for a long time, never truly finding it, as her sisters Maggie and Hanna have. Being beautiful and able to get any guy she wants sounds good in theory, but Lizzy is not satisfied with that. She wants the more that puts the glow on her sisters' and friends' faces and she wants it with one guy, one she has never let go of: Sam Bradshaw.
 
Things with Lizzy and Sam have always been intense. Even though he may have denied her younger self, that doesn't diminish the fact that Sam has had feelings for her all along. He knows it wouldn't be right to take advantage of her, knowing he couldn't give her the more he knew she wanted and needed. After getting her heart broken by Sam one too many times, Lizzy now finds herself looking for love on a dating website called Something Real. She has had numerous dates, none of them producing the results she's looking for. She forms an online 'relationship'  with a user named riverrat69 and she enjoys the easy, sexy banter between them. She doesn't know who he is, only that he lives in New Hope and judging by some of the things he says, she finds herself hoping it's Sam she's talking to.
 
I know people use online dating services all the time, but the sexting between her and this River, really made me wary and uncomfortable. I know she wants him to be Sam, but there's still that unknown factor and it almost felt she was cheating on Sam with someone she wanted to be Sam... but didn't know if it was. Whew. Confusing, isn't it?
 
I felt for Sam. He has made some mistakes in his life and now they are coming back to haunt him. His father wants him to make nice with the governor's daughter and all he can think about is Lizzy. He wants her, but knows he shouldn't, especially after everything that happened involving his sister and the betrayal and resentment she still harbors towards her.
 
I loved getting to check in with our other New Hope couples as well and see them happy. I feel that is so important in connecting series like these.
 
Ryan has a knack for leaving my heart flayed open at the end of her books, so it's no surprise she did so in this one as well. After the big revelation at the end of the book (a big HELL-TO-THE-NO), I am desperate to see how things will unfold for Lizzy and Sam. I also have a sneaking suspicion Sam's past is also going to be a big part in the next book. March seems really far away about now!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FREE Introductory novella to SOMETHING RECKLESS
 
“You need a good guy. A long-term guy. One who does dates and romance and emotional strings…I’m just an asshole who wants to tie you up, make you come, and walk away.”

Samuel Bradshaw is a man with a reputation—the kind of reputation that should have me running the other way. Instead, it has me searching for the shortest distance to his bed. I won’t be the starry-eyed girl who thinks she can change a man like Sam, and despite what he thinks, forever is not what I need. I need the things he makes me feel, the way he turns me on, and the promise of pleasure in his eyes. I need SOMETHING WILD.
 
 
 
 
 
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.


 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is an author whose books I have been meaning to dive into for a while now. Hopefully 2015 is the year. They all sound so good. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.