Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Monthly Recap: July 2015!

By 9:30 AM

Monthly Recap!

JULY
 
This has been a bit of a trying month for me, as I have been actively looking for and applying to new jobs.  It's hard not to get discouraged , especially when the fish aren't biting. I will have to put this endeavor on hold for a bit, as I am starting school again this coming Monday. *cries* Where has my summer gone?! BUT. I will be keeping my eyes and ears more open this year in case an opportunity arises that I can't pass up.
 
I changed my blog design this month! It was definitely scary for me because: 1) I hate change, 2) I'm not very good at coding, and 3) finding a free blogger template was not a walk in the park. It took quite a bit to tweak it how I wanted and while it's not perfect, I am happy with it.
 
Both of my favorite books this month were my only 5 stars:
 
 
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway (YA)
Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy (NA)
Loved both of these books so hard.
 
4.5 stars:
 

 
 
 
4 stars:
 
 
 
 
3.5 stars:
 
 
 
 
 
3 stars:
 
 
 
 
Total Books Read: 26
 
Total Audiobooks Listened To: 0
 
I participated in one Top Ten Tuesday this month:
 
 
For some non-bookish related posts:
 
I cooked more yummy meals and hosted them on Tasty Tuesday!
 
I shared some new music for Music Monday:
 
 
Song Obsessions:
 
Burning House by Cam
Lost by The Damnwells
Jenny by Nothing More
Lydia by Highly Suspect
O' City Lights by Gregory Alan Isakov
 
 
Most Anticipated Books for August: 
 



 

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I wasn't madly in love with Racing Savannah, either, and have been hesitant to read Jesse's Girl. So I'm glad to see that you really liked Jesse's Girl.

    I read Make Me and definitely enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 books?? That's amazing, I'm just a bit jealous! And you read a bunch of winners last month.

    Happy August

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tiger Lily, it's such a beautiful book. July was a huge fail for me in terms of reading but oh well, hopefully I do better in August.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recap! 26 books is pretty awesome. Good job! :) I hope you enjoy reading in August.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you read Fire?!?! Wasn't it awesome. Idk how I missed that. Love that book so much. And personally I love your new blog design, I think you did awesome with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ridiculously excited about Sustained and Bounce too! I just read The Boy Most Likely To. It was good. Very different than I had expected. Looks like you had a great month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard such great things about Emmy & Oliver and seeing that you gave it 5 stars... I feel like I really need to grab it for my Kindle!

    I do hope you'll enjoy The Veil! I really liked it, it's very much everything you love from Chloe Neill, though not a rehash of Chicagoland. Though keep in mind it's a first in series, so it's a bit slow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adored Emmy & Oliver too. Is Loving Dallas a standalone or do I need to read the first book? I got that one at RT, but I didn't realize it was part of a series when I picked it up. I'll have to go check out your review.

    I'm doing a monthly wrap-up link-up on my blog so that we can all see what we may have missed on each other's blogs in July. Check it out and link up if you're interested!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you killed it this month! And looks like you had a lot of fantastic reads. Quite a few of these I read and loved too. I can't wait for you to read Playing for Her Heart... so HOT!
    I can't believe summer is ending. Crazy. My fingers are crossed for you that you will find something soon that you will love doing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooow you read SO MANY BOOKS! I still need to read Fire sometime and am slowly but surely making my way through Hundred Oaks! :) I'm excited for Him! Got it from my secret sister!

    I hope school won't be too bad for you and I really hope you WILL find something that you'll love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.