Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Tasty Tuesday #39

By 1:00 AM

Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!


I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.


 Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.


Today I am featuring:
 
Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef
 
 
Ingredients:
 
-3lb. chuck roast
-2 tbsp. flour
-1/2 tsp. salt, pepper
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
-1/4 cup beef broth
-1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
-2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
-2 tbsp. brown sugar
 
Directions:
 
1. On a large plate mix together flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge roast on both sides.
 
2. Heat oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Place roast in pan and brown on both sides 3-4 minutes. Transfer to crock pot.
 
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic and shallots (3-4 minutes). Stir in beef broth and scrap up any brown bits from roast. Transfer to crock pot.
 
4. In a bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Pour over roast. Flip a couple of times to make sure beef, balsamic mix, shallots and garlic are all combined.
 
5. Cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8-10.
 
Notes:
 
*As you can see from my picture, I altered the recipe a bit and included carrots and potatoes with my roast. I placed about half a bag of baby carrots at the bottom of the crock pot and then quartered 5-6 baby red potatoes and placed them on top of carrots and roast went on top.
 
*Chuck roasts are EXPENSIVE!
 
*My mom commented that it was a little greasy. She didn't know if it was the roast itself and the fat or if maybe the balsamic mix was the culprit. It was still good though, don't get me wrong.
 
*Roasts are so perfect in fall.
 
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Serves: 10
Cook Time:  5 hours on High; 8-10 on Low
WW+: 8pts.
 
Recipe taken from: www.organizeyourselfskinny.com
 
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. YUM!!! Oh my gosh Jess, this is seriously NOT FAIR to my stomach right now. I have all these Tasty Tuesday saved just waiting for me to make them. Thanks again, can't wait to try this one :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious! I am loving all the recipe's!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.