Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Allegiance by Cayla Kluver

By 1:49 PM , , , ,

Allegiance (Legacy #2)
    by: Cayla Kluver

Publication Date: Feb. 28, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Historical Fantasy
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 490 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars


Only I saw Narian for who he truly was: a young man with courage and an independent mind, and made to pay for what was outside his control. He couldn't help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep-blue eyes pierced me and held me captive.

An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return...

Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man who holds her heart. For Narian is destined to conquer Hytanica at the behest of his master, the powerful magic-user known as the Overlord. Alera doesn't truly believe Narian will fight against Hytanica-until Cokyrian troops attack with Narian commanding the charge.

Faced with the greatest betrayal a heart can know, Alera must set aside personal feelings and lead her kingdom through its darkest time. And when all hope, will and courage seem lost, she must find strength and remember that even the blackest night must have a dawn...

                       -goodreads.com description



Out of all 3 books, this was by far my favorite. Finally, some character development! Even though I was swayed by Narian, I really felt for Steldor in this book. In fact, in some scenes I just wanted to yell at Alera and tell her to quit being stupid, because Steldor is actually a decent guy. He really is in love with Alera, but her heart already belongs to Narian.

I really felt for Alera's sister, Miranna, in this book. She was kidnapped by Cokyrians and has come back clearly distraught and traumatized at her imprisonment there. I loved how sweet Temerson (Miranna's betrothed) is to her. We met him in Legacy as this shy, awkward character, but he really is perfect for Miranna and they fit together beautifully.

After Narian's disappearance towards the end of Legacy, he is not in this book very much at all. We see alot more of him in the conclusion, Sacrifice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.