Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Entwined by Heather Dixon

By 8:51 PM , , , , ,

Entwined
   by: Heather Dixon

Publication Date: Mar. 29, 2011
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Genre: Fantasy/ Fairy-Tale Retelling
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 472 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

                     -goodreads.com description

I really really liked this book! I loved the magical/fantasy world Dixon created. The princesses were so much fun to read about and I absolutely loved Lord Teddie and Lord Bradley.

I liked Azalea as the protagonist. She didn't get on my nerves and I liked how she took care of her sisters. Bramble, the second eldest sister was sassy and stubborn, but I loved that about her. And Clover, the third eldest, is sweet and shy, but has a bit of a stutter, which is adorable. The book focuses on those three sisters a bit more than the others.

The Keeper is such a sinister character and I hated him from the beginning. The princesses should have realized that nothing ever comes without a price. But then, we wouldn't have a story.

I liked that the romance was kept subtle in this book. Normally, I'm a sucker for it, but the subtlety seemed to work in this case.

Lord Bradley was just adorable. I usually like the strong, self-assured male interests, but he reminded me of Temerson from Cayla Kluver's series: sweet, shy, a bit awkward. And I thought it was adorable how he stumbled over his words at times with Azalea.

Overall, if you are a fan of fantasy and magic, this is a really cute read.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.