Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

By 2:53 PM , , , ,

Hallowed (Unearthly #2)
    by: Cynthia Hand

Publication Date: Jan. 17, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 403 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars


For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

In this compelling sequel to Unearthly, Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

              -goodreads.com description


I liked Hallowed and I didn't like it at the same time. Probably because I knew what was coming, so that left with me a sense of dread reading it. I both love and hate love triangles. In this case, I really hated it. Again, I don't feel like Christian's character has a whole lot of depth to it. He's not a bad guy, I think he does care about Clara, but again I can't help but feel that it's all been forced upon them through their visions. Clara and Tucker were natural and genuine and they fell for each other without preconceived notions, visions, or anything like that. So being a fan of Tucker, the end killed me.

The third book in the trilogy, Boundless, just came out and I can't wait to read it.

Pitch Dark books put together a great playlist for the final book, which I have now become obsessed with.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.