Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Music Moment #3

By 10:28 AM

Artist: Santigold
Album: Self-Titled
Released: Apr. 29, 2008



I hate myself a little for not seeing her at Bonnaroo this past summer.









Track Listing:

1. L.E.S Artistes
2. You'll Find a Way *
3. Shove it
4. Say Aha *
5. Creator
6. My Superman
7. Lights Out
8. Starstruck
9. Unstoppable
10. I'm a Lady
11. Anne
12. You'll Find A Way

iTunes Review
  
Santi White is a self-possessed, beautiful, and highly charismatic young woman with a striking sense of style and global sensibilities. Her debut album, Santogold, feels like an unpredictable take on Dub, Punk, New Wave and Electronic music — there’s no mistaking the throbbing, deep dub bass of “Shove It” and “Anne,” or the hefty dose of new wave on top of it. On “Lights Out” she almost sounds like a Cyndi Lauper for the 21st century. Other parts of the record call out to other feminist touchstones of the past, including Sleater Kinney (“You’ll Find A Way”), The Slits (“Say Aha”), and Laurie Anderson (“My Superman”). Indeed, Santogold often feels like the culmination of thirty years of iconoclastic feminine influences pouring forth from the mind of this precocious Bed-Stuy performer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.