Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

By 7:47 PM , , , , ,

Shift (Shade #2)
   By: Jeri Smith-Ready

Publication Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 367 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 5/5 stars


Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.

Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift. A

As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.
                                      -goodreads.com description

You always have to worry about the second book in a series. Will it live up to its predecessor? Or will it hit that second book slump?

Jeri Smith-Ready does an incredible job with this book and I loved it even more than the first! Granted, this one definitely took me on a rollercoaster ride with all the ups and downs the characters are going through.

We ended the first book with discovering what happens to Logan and this one picks up right where it left off. I definitely had a few 'I did NOT see that one coming!' moments that really push the book in the direction its supposed to go.

Aura has to make some important decisions this book and I'm glad (for the most part!) she ended up making the right ones. You really do feel for her as she is pulled back and forth between her first love (Logan) and her new one (Zachary).

We finally learn more about Aura's parents and how they are connected to Eowyn (her mentor) and Ian (Zachary's dad) and Smith-Ready did an awesome job of bringing it all together. The puzzle pieces are starting to click together and I can't wait to start the final book in the series.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't read the first book,Shade yet but I have added it to my TBR now. :)

    I'm glad the sequel didn't disappoint.

    Thanks for stopping by Say It With Books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been one of my favorite series I've read in a few weeks. I'm so sad that I've finished it!

      Thanks for stopping by also!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.