Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

By 6:37 PM , , , , ,

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4)
   by Patricia Briggs


Publication Date: Feb. 3, 2009
Publisher: Ace Fantasy
Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-Library
Page Count: 300 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 5/5 stars

By day, Mercy is a car mechanic in the sprawling Tri-Cities of Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shapeshifter with some unique talents, Mercy has often found herself having to maintain a tenuous harmony between the human and the not so human. This time she may get more than she bargained for.

Marsilia, the local Vampire Queen, has learned that Mercy crossed her by slaying a member of her clan—and she's out for blood. But since Mercy is protected from direct reprisal by the werewolf pack (and her close relationship with its sexy Alpha), it won't be Mercy's blood Marsilia is after.

It'll be her friends'.

                             -goodreads.com description

I have to say, I think this has been my favorite Mercy book thus far. The last one was great, but it was so heartbreaking. This one, while still heartbreaking at times, at least offers healing for Mercy after what she went through in the last book. Mercy is tough as nails, but she is also a human being. What she went through shook her to the very core and at the opening of this book she is still struggling with its aftermath.

I think my favorite thing about this book has to be how all of Mercy's relationships evolve: with Adam, the pack, and Stefan.

Mercy and Adam's relationship is brought to the next level in this book. At the end of the last one, he has claimed her as his mate. We start to see this dynamic here. Where Mercy has always kept Adam at arm's length, she really starts to let him in and I love seeing them interact with each other. Adam really serves as Mercy's rock in this book, helping her overcome her panic attacks and showing her that he is there for her. He is chivalrous, kind, and patient and she finally realizes the depth of their love for one another. Of course, Mercy not being a werewolf, leads to some issues with the pack. However, Mercy realizes that their prejudices are not just going to go away and that she is going to have to learn to accept them, and they her. I look forward to reading more about the pack magic and the magic of the alpha and his mate in the next books.

This book focuses primarily on the vampires. Marsilia, the vampire queen, is out for Mercy, as she killed one of her right hand men. However, Stefan, will not let that happen. I was always unsure of how I felt about Stefan in previous books, but I decided I do like him. He does care for Mercy and will go to great lengths to protect her from harm, as you will see.

Overall, I flew through this book. Obviously, I started it last night and now I'm finished. I am much more interested in reading about the vampire world in the Mercy books than about the fae. Now the waiting begins for book 5. I'll have to check and see where I'm at on the hold list!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.