Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Light Her Fire by Samanthe Beck

By 8:19 AM , , , , , , ,

Light Her Fire (Private Pleasures #2)
    by: Samanthe Beck

Publication Date: Oct. 20, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: e-ARC received via NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 274 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

A sexy category romance from Entangled’s Brazen imprint…

He’ll show this good girl the thrill of being bad…

Good girl Melody Merritt is ready to be bad. Fresh out of an unsatisfying ten-year engagement to the town golden boy, she’s determined to make up for lost time. And who better to burn her sterling reputation to the ground than Bluelick’s sinfully sexy new fire chief whose wicked gaze promises complete and utter domination? Yes, please.

Corrupting the prim and proper Little Miss Bluelick is the most action Josh Bradley’s seen since he transferred from Cincinnati to fast-track his career. He won’t let anything or anyone—not even the delectable Melody Merritt—trap him in this Kentucky-fried Mayberry, but when their searing chemistry yields an unexpected result, he realizes he’s started a blaze that's completely beyond his control…

 
 
This book might very well be one of the hottest books I've read in quite some time.
 
No. Really. It's seriously HAWT. Steamy with a capital S!
 
And ohmigosh there's role playing....
 
I'm a huge Samanthe Beck fan. She's one of my favorite Brazen authors so I was thrilled when I saw she was writing Melody and Josh's story! We very briefly met them in Private Practice, ahem, so I was glad to get their story!
 
Melody is a Bluelick native and has always loved her small town. She is very proper and cares about her reputation, thus earning her the good girl title. She has always wanted a family- a loving husband and sweet kids to come home to. Having been with her high school sweetheart for over 10 years, she has come to terms with the fact that he couldn't be the one to give her the things she desperately wanted for her life. To preserve his reputation, she lets the entire town believe that she wasn't sexually adventurous enough for him, thus solidifying her good girl image.
 
Fire Chief Josh Bradley is new to Bluelick from Cincinnati and has no plans to stay long-term. He wants action and a small town like Bluelick couldn't possibly provide that for him.... or could it? He is attracted to Melody- but he doesn't want a good girl like her- he wants a freak in the bed! Imagine his surprise when she sashays up to him at the market and asks him if he's actually going to make his move or just stare at her all day? Girl's got guts! I love that she goes after what she wants, even though it goes against her very nature to do so. She's not as inexperienced as she leads him to believe. Melody has a wild side that is just dying to be unleashed- with the right partner.
 
Not only has Beck created a sexy, steamy romance but she has also included a bit of a mystery element also, as there is someone going around intentionally setting small fires. Surprisingly enough, I didn't figure it out ahead of time! I am still a bit curious about Justin Buchanan, the mayor's son. We never really found out what his deal was....
 
I really enjoyed seeing how good of friends Ellie, Roger, and Ginny were to Melody. Roger really surprised me considering their history, but I felt it really worked and it wasn't awkward at all.
 
My favorite part was watching Josh and Melody realize they were falling for one another, despite their 'keep it casual' mantra. Josh would find himself jealous of Roger and then incredibly protective of what's 'his'. It was actually really cute to see him that way with her. They have some very real issues to face and some pretty big decisions to make together, which makes them both realize just how much they need the other in their lives, no matter what.
 
Again, I'm so glad we got Melody's story, especially since this girl deserves a HEA! I hope we get Ginny's next! I'm quite curious about this 'Wolverine' character!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh man this sounds awesome. I seriously neeed a good brazen and I need one soon! Definitely squeezing one in once I finish review books! GAHH this sounds so good. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Samanthe Beck is one of my favorites along with Tessa Bailey! Definitely read this series girl!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.