Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

By 8:10 AM , , , ,

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5)
     by: Richelle Mead

Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from library
Page Count: 416 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4 stars

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

 
 
Like most books in this series, it took me a bit to really get into the storyline. Once I got past a certain scene that I was NOT happy about, the book really picked up for me and I could fully enjoy Sydney and Adrian's POVs.
 
Sydney and Adrian have been torn apart and now how to deal with the consequences of their forbidden relationship. Adrian does not handle this well AT ALL. I can't say it's a surprise that he has relapsed back into his pre-Sydney ways, but I was disappointed all the same. I really just wanted to yell at him to quit being foolish and to get his damn emotions under control and stay focused on finding her. He has lost faith, which is the worst thing to lose, so his actions really reflect that and it hurts to see him spiral out of control with his self-destructive behavior. I felt he was acting a bit selfishly too, as his actions do not affect him alone. I was so proud of Sydney though. She is resilient! No matter how many times people try to break her, she just won't be broken and I really admired her for the way she handled her situation. It takes her awhile to accept the fact that she needs to play the game in order to be free. Sydney doesn't want to play the game. She has finally become her own person and has her own thoughts and beliefs. The last thing she wants to do is pretend she's complacent and agreeable. Sydney is smart though and she realizes she must do what she needs to if she wants to escape.
 
The action really ramps up in this book. The stakes are higher than ever before and Sydney, Adrian, and the others must be prepared to take some risks and make some sacrifices if they hope to get out ahead. Mead will certainly surprise you in this book too. I never thought she would take Sydney and Adrian's relationship to the level she did, but I freaking loved it. It was so perfect and just really fitting for these two. I'm still bothered by what happened early on in the book and hope that it was just a blip on the radar and won't even be a thing in the final book. I wasn't overly surprised by the very end, but it does make me eager to find out how everything will wrap up in the final book.
 
I really ended up enjoying Silver Shadows even though I was worried at first, as I was having trouble focusing on the story itself. It has plenty of action, romance, and some heart-stopping, jaw-dropping moments that will leave you ready to see how it all ends!
 
 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. ARGHHHHH I need to get caught up on this series! It is one of my top priorities once I finish the giant pile of review books I have! I am working so hard to get to a place where I have the perfect balance of review reads and me reads but anyhoo sorry for the tangent there--- I love this review and I cannot wait to read this book and I am now even more excited. I am also very curious about the thing that bothered you and I wonder if the thing will bother me too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaargghhh! Why have I not read this book yet?? I ADORE Adrian, so I'm very nervous now that I've read this review - Adrian reverting is definitely not good. I'm thinking that I just need to wait until the final book comes out so that I can read them both and not have to suffer with waiting.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the last book in the series? Or will there be more? I might binge-read the series once it's over. I've never read any of Mead's books, but everyone seems to be enjoying these books in particular! Awesome review, Jess!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.