Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Music Monday: A Look Back at 2014

By 1:00 AM

Music Monday is a weekly feature I do to show off music must- haves!
 
Happy New Year everyone! Since it's the first Monday of the YEAR, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at all the great music I discovered and showcased in 2014! I wasn't as diligent in doing it every Monday, but I am going to try and be better this year because there's so much great music out there!
 
1)
 
Artist: Lucius
Album: Wildewoman
 
2)
 
Artist: Cassadee Pope
Album: Frame by Frame
 
3)
 
Artist: Arctic Monkeys
Album: AM
 
4)
 
Artist: The Wild Feathers
Album: Self-Titled
(Have seen these guys live twice now and they are AMAZING. Definitely one of my favorite new bands of 2014!)
 
5)
 
Artist: Rose Cousins
Album: We Have Made a Spark
 
6)
 
Artist: Lindi Ortega
Album: Tin Star
 
7)
 
Artist: Shakira
Album: Shakira.
 
8)
 
My Summer 2014 Playlist
 
Includes music from:
 Hozier, Bear's Den, Ed Sheeran, Sol Cat, Justin Forrest, 1D, 5SaS, Broods, Arctic Monkeys, Spanish Gold, Florida Georgia Line, Bastille, Broken Bells, Bon Iver, The Features, Kopecky Family Band, Two Door Cinema Club, Peter Bjorn and John, Mumford & Sons, Coldplay, 30 Seconds to Mars, Boy & Bear, Ingrid Michaelson, Fitz & the Tantrums, Brett Dennen, Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, Lindi Ortega, and Cole Swindell
 
9)
 
Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: 1989
 
10)
 
Artist: O.A.R.
Album: The Rockville LP
(Got to see these guys again this year for my 30th birthday. A great way to start my 30's!)
 
11)
 
Artist: Selena Gomez
Album: For You
Song Highlighted: The Heart Wants What it Wants
 
12)
 
Artist: The New Basement Tapes
Album: Lost on the River
Song Highlighted: Kansas City featuring Marcus Mumford
 
13)
 
Artist: Sam Hunt
Album: Montevallo
(This wins Album of the Year for me.)
 
14)
 
Christmas Playlist
 
Includes music from:
Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan, Brenda Lee, Josh Groban & Charlotte Church, Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli, Bobby Helms, Bing Crosby, Idina Menzel & Michael Bublé, Burl Ives, Ben Folds Five, Judy Garland, *NSYNC, Mindy Smith, SheDaisy, Frank Sinatra, Lady Antebellum, José Feliciano, Kelly Clarkson, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Christina Aguilera, DMB, Kenny Rogers & Wynonna, Pentatonix
 
15)
 
Artist: Billy Boyd
Album: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Song Highlighted: The Last Goodbye
 
And there you have it! Those are my past Music Monday picks for the year of 2014!
 
It was a great music year for me- My biggest highlight was seeing O.A.R. along with Andy Grammer on my 30th birthday. I also went to a couple Live on the Green shows, which is a free mini music festival here, and I saw City & Colour and The Wild Feathers. I also went to a Spring Block Party event where I saw The Wild Feathers yet again, The Apache Relay, Sol Cat, Roots of a Rebellion, and Matt Walberg & the Living Situation.
 
A huge thanks goes to Lightning 100, Nashville's independent radio station for introducing me to so many awesome artists this past year!
 
 
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.