Tasty Tuesday #2
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday! Last week was the first week I did this and I really enjoyed it! I hope you did too!
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
-1 tsp olive oil
-1/2 medium onion, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-10 oz. package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and juice squeezed out
-1/4 cup parsley, chopped
-1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
-1/3 cup fat free Ricotta
-1/4 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
-8 thin skinless chicken breast cutlets
-1 large egg
-1 tbsp. water
-1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Heat the olive oil on medium in skillet. Add onions and garlic and sauté about 1 minute. Add spinach, parsley, salt and pepper and cook another minute or until heated through.
3) Remove from heat and mix in feta and ricotta cheese.
4) Place about 1/4 cup spinach mixture in the center of chicken and roll, then lay the chicken seam side down and set aside. Do for remaining pieces of chicken.
5) Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
6) Dip the chicken rolls in the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs and place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken and spinach mixture.
7) Bake about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
*I used Lipton's Rice Sides and made the Herb and Butter flavored Rice as a side. You can vary it up with a salad, quinoa, or just more veggies if you'd rather.
*Next time I will pound out the chicken cutlets to make thinner and bigger, so spinach mixture stays nice and snug in the middle.
*I REALLY liked this one! It was my first time making it and I was really pleased with how it came out.
Serving Size: 1 roll
Cook Time: 25 minutes
WW points+: 4 (does not include rice)
Recipe taken from skinnytaste.com. See the original recipe HERE.