Tasty Tuesday #12
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-6 whole wheat tortillas
-1/4 cup salsa
-8 oz. velveeta cheese, 2%
-1/4 cup evaporated milk
-3 cups cooked chicken
-1/4 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350° and coat baking dish. (I use a casserole dish as shown above)
2. In medium sized bowl, combine cheese product and sour cream. Microwave 1 and 1/2- 2 minutes until melted.
3. Remove half to small bowl and stir in evaporated milk.
4. Add red pepper flakes and chicken to remaining cheese mixture and stir to coat.
5. Spoon about 2/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.
6. Spoon remaining cheese over top and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
7. Bake until cheese topping is bubbly. (20-25 minutes)
8. Serve with salsa.
*I like to make this after the cheeseburger casserole I featured last week, as this way I don't waste ingredients. Both recipes use evaporated milk and velveeta cheese, so I always have enough to make both.
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Cook Time: 27 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
Recipe taken from www.weightwatchers.com.