Tasty Tuesday #13
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
(I realize the presentation plate is a bit messy... LOL. It's messy goodness though. I promise.)
-1lb. ground beef, lean
-1 tbsp. garlic, minced
-1/4 tsp salt and pepper
-1 jar spaghetti sauce
-2 cups water
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
-1 cup onion, chopped
-1/4 tsp red pepper
-6 dried lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
-3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1. Cook ground beef in large skillet.
2. Stir in garlic, onion, and spices. Cook until veggies are soft.
3. Sprinkle broken lasagna in skillet. Pour in spaghetti sauce and water.
4. Cover and cook. Simmer (20 minutes).
5. Remove from heat. Dot 1 tbsp. of ricotta over noodles then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover and let skillet stand off heat until cheeses are melted.
7. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
*I think the original recipe called for cottage cheese instead of ricotta as a healthier alternative.
*Strategically place dry noodles in skillet. Don't put them all on top of one another. Spread them out on top of the meat and veggies. This helps later as you're cutting into slices.
Serving Size: 1 slice (1 cup full)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
Recipe taken from www.skinnykitchen.com