Tasty Tuesday #22
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
-2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans Italian style diced tomatoes
-1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
-1/2 tsp. basil
-1/2 tsp. oregano
-1/2 tsp. black pepper
-1 tbsp. sugar
-1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/2 cup breadcrumbs
-4 tsps. olive oil, divided
-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1 egg, beaten
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
2. Stir in sugar and balsamic vinegar; simmer 5 minutes more.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Place each chicken breast between two pieces of wax paper or heavy duty plastic wrap. Pound to 1/2 inch thickness, using a tenderizer or mallet. Dip chicken breasts in egg and then dredge through breadcrumbs.
5. Heat 2 tsps. olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-hi heat. Add 2 chicken breasts to pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken breasts.
6. Arrange chicken in an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour tomato mixture evenly over chicken, and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
I usually cook quick recipes, but this one is an exception. The sauce has to simmer to a good amount of time so the spices have time to really flavor the sauce.
Serving Size: 1 piece of chicken
Cook Time: 80 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
Recipe taken from weightwatchers.com