Tasty Tuesday #24
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Stuffed Philly Chicken Peppers
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-1 small onion, diced
-1 clove garlic, minced
-2 chicken breast filets, sliced across horizontally
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
-1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-2 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed
-2 slices provolone cheese, reduced fat
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and the chicken and cook until browned.
3. Stir in the salt, cayenne, and balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
4. Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the core and seeds. Fill the peppers with the chicken mixture and lay in a baking dish. Add a few tablespoons of water to the bottom of the dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove the cover and top each bell pepper half with a half slice of provolone. Put back in the oven uncovered, and bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, 5-10 more minutes.
*I really liked this. Even though it would up the point value, I think next time I would stuff the pepper with something other than chicken as well. Rice might work well.
Serving Size: 1 stuffed bell pepper half
Cook Time: 40 minutes
WW+: 4 pts.
Recipe taken from www.skinnyms.com