Tasty Tuesday #30
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
-16 oz. bottle of Italian dressing (fat-free)
-1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-4-6 red potatoes scrubbed, cut in wedges
-1/2 bag mini carrots
1. Squirt a small amount of Italian dressing at bottom of crock pot.
2. Place two chicken breasts in crock pot.
3. Pour some Italian dressing on the chicken.
4. Sprinkle half of the cheese onto the chicken.
5. Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken.
6. Place next two chicken breasts into crock pot, if possible not directly on top of the first breasts.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of chicken.
8. Pour carrots on top.
9. Pour more of the Italian dressing on top of chicken and carrots.
10. Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken and carrots.
11. Place potatoes on top.
12. Pour more Italian dressing on potatoes and Italian seasoning.
13. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
*I did not use an entire bottle of Italian dressing. In fact, I used about half.
*Normally I would put the carrots on the bottom, but I like following recipes word for word the first time through. Even after 6 hours carrots weren't completely soft. I would place them on the bottom of the pan and then layer the chicken and potatoes.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast, and then divide carrots and potatoes to equal 4 meals.
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Recipe taken from: www.crockadoodledo.blogspot.com