Tasty Tuesday #37
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Fajita Pork and Pasta
-6oz. whole wheat pasta
-3 tbsp. lime juice
-2 tsp. chili powder
-1 lb. pork, thin
-1 onion, diced
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-2 tsp. cumin
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1 yellow, green, red bell pepper, sliced
-2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
1. Cook pasta.
2. Combine 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 and 1/2 tbsp. lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and garlic in a medium bowl. Mix well.
3. Add pork and toss to coat. (I chopped pork tenderloins up into cube size pieces)
4. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add pork mix- cook until lightly browned.
5. Add peppers, onion, and Rotel. Cook and stir until veggies are crisp-tender.
6. Stir in 1/2 tsp. lime juice. Cook and cover for about 2 minutes.
*Serving size is originally 2 and 1/2 cups, but I thought 2 cups was plenty.
Serving Size: 2-2 and 1/2 cups
Cook Time: 20 minutes
WW+: 10 pts.
Recipe taken from weightwatchers.com