Tasty Tuesday #38
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Baked Pasta with Italian Turkey Sausage
-12 oz. whole wheat penne pasta, cooked al dente
-1/2 lb. turkey sausage, cooked and broken into small pieces
-2 cups basil and tomato jarred spaghetti sauce
-1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
-4 tbsp. parmesan cheese
-1/2 tsp. oregano
-2 tbsp. seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 7x11 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together pasta, sausage, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, and oregano. Pour into casserole dish.
4. Pour last cup of sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
5. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top then cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
6. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
I have made a WW variation of this before, but this one is slightly different with the tomato basil sauce and breadcrumbs.
Serving Size: 1 piece
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
Recipe taken from: www.organizeyourselfskinny.com