Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Tasty Tuesday #41

By 1:00 AM ,

Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!

I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.

 Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.

Today I am featuring:
 
Skinny Mexican Chicken and Brown Rice
 

 
Ingredients:
 
-1 cup uncooked brown rice
-1/2 cup onions, diced
-1 tsp garlic, minced
-2 cups frozen corn, thawed
-1 and 1/2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
-1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
-1 cup tomato sauce
-1 cup light Mexican-style four cheese blend, shredded
-2 tsps. chili powder
-1 tsp. cumin
 
Instructions:
 
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x9 inch square baking pan or 2 qt-casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
 
2. In a large saucepan, cook rice according to package.
 
3. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, add the onions and garlic and cook in the microwave for about 1 minute to soften onions.
 
4. When rice is done, add it to a large mixing bowl. Mix in cooked onions and garlic, corn, diced chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of the cheese, chili powder, and cumin. Mix well. Transfer to the casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and casserole is heated through.
 
5. Cool at least 10 minutes to set. Cut into 6 servings. If desired top with 1 tbsp. sour cream or yogurt, and 1 tbsp. salsa.
 
Notes:
 
*This is a new favorite recipe!
 
Serving Size: 1 piece
Serves: 6
WW+: 8
Cook Time: 25 minutes
 
Recipe taken from www.skinnykitchen.com
 
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.