Tasty Tuesday #43
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Buzzfeed Tasty's Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
-1 green bell pepper, sliced
-1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
-1 red bell pepper, sliced
-1 yellow onion, sliced
-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
-2 tbsp. taco seasoning
-4 cloves garlic, diced
-1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1. Add half of the sliced peppers and onions to your slow cooker.
2. Next, layer the chicken and coat all the sides with taco seasoning.
3. Top with garlic, tomatoes (be sure to drain), and the juice from one lime.
4. Add the remaining peppers and onions, cover, and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
5. Remove chicken and cut/shred intro slices (chicken left longer will tend to shred more- cook to your preference, I did about 3 hours.)
6. Return the sliced chicken to the slow cooker to marinate in the juices for about 10 more minutes (on LOW) until ready to serve. If you find that there is too much liquid, you can remove till there is a desired amount before serving.
7. Assemble fajitas to your liking.
*I paired my fajitas with Spanish Quinoa/Brown Rice Blend.
*I did not use garlic this time around, as I discovered last minute I didn't have any!
*I add some cumin, garlic powder, and adobo seasoning once I shredded chicken for more flavor.
*Buzzfeed Tasty has their own recipe for making taco seasoning. See www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty for recipe.
Serving Size: I made 2 fajitas.
Cook Time: 3-4 hours