Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

January 2016 Challenge Recap

By 10:42 AM

January Challenge Recap

Originally I was going to do just one big monthly wrap-up post that included my challenge progress, but then I decided it would be too long so I'll be doing my challenges separately.


 
I only read 1 debut this month, which was The Distance From A to Z by Natalie Blitt. While I enjoyed it, I didn't quite love it like others did. You can see my thoughts HERE. (3 stars)




I only managed to finish 1 series this month and that was The Steampunk Chronicles by Kady Cross. I read final book, The Girl With the Windup Heart and I really enjoyed it! I loved being back with Finley, Griffin, and crew.

 

  My series this month was the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I really enjoyed this series a lot! I can't say I fell for The Darkling like so many others did, but he was definitely intriguing. My heart always belonged to Mal, even thought I adored Sturmhond.

Thank you to Wendy for bookpushing them on me!


 
I did really well with this challenge. I was determined to make 2016 the year of books I had been wanting to read and I ended up reading 13!


 

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Wow you did a great job with these challenges! I hope you liked Everything, Everything; I thought that one was so cute ;) I can't believe January is over after today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I loved Everything x2 Rachel! It was SO good! I was able to predict the big arc, but I still really loved. And I know! I can't believe it's FEBRUARY! Ahhh!

      Delete
  2. *shakes pom poms* go Jess go! You are rocking your challenges. Also YES SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES MAL! The Darkling is intriguing but I LOVED Mal. I really need to get to Ruin & Rising this year so I can finally see how it all wraps up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks hun! AND OMG YES. MAL is everything Teresa! I just loved him so stinking much. You definitely need to get to R&R because you just do! LOL. SO I CAN TALK TO YOU

      Delete
  3. WOW very nice job!! 13 books is a huge number! And I totally feel you about Mal- I was Team Mal from the start (though like you, I LOVED Sturmhond, just not for Alina ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Oh goodness! I loved Sturmhond too! He was a great friend to Alina, but I never really saw him as more. Mal was just wonderful and I loved how dedicated he was to her.

      Delete
  4. Dang you are rocking your TBR challenge for sure! I need to do my wrap ups this morning. I'll see where I stand then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I'm quite surprised that I managed so much! LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow you totally rocked your challenges! SOO HAPPY YOU READ GRISHA. i think i've told you that like 10 times already but whatever haha. I want to check out that kady cross series, esp bc I really have liked the steampunk books I've read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I'm so happy I did too! That story is going to stay with me for a long time I think! I really enjoyed Kady's series. The first two books are good, but the last two are GREAT.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, you really killed it for the #RockMyTBR challenge Jess! I think the challenges that I did best on Jan were the 2016 Debuts & my Netgalley & Edelweiss one! I finally reached the 80% on NG!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili! I was really trying hard for that one! I desperately want to get some books I've been pushing off! And congrats on getting 80%! That's great!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.