Tasty Tuesday #44
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
-4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
-2 cups onion, chopped
-2 tsp. olive oil
-1 lb. ground turkey breast
-1 (18 oz.) bottle BBQ sauce
-1 cup (8 oz.) tomato sauce
-2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. They should not be completely cooked through. Set aside.
2. Place onions in another microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes, until soft.
3. Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat olive oil. Add ground turkey. Cook over medium-high heat, about 5-6 minutes. Stir often, breaking up turkey into small pieces.
4. Using a rubber spatula, add cooked onions and potatoes to turkey. Stir in BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer. Using a rubber spatula, stir a few times while simmering. Continue to simmer until potatoes are completely cooked and soft, about 25-30 minutes.
*Original recipe called for 1 and 1/4 lbs. ground turkey breast. I didn't pay attention, while grocery shopping and only bought 1lb.
*I also used 2 cups of onion instead of 3.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Recipe taken from http://www.skinnykitchen.com