Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Tasty Tuesday #48

By 1:00 AM

Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
 
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
 
 Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
 
Today I am featuring:
 
 
Chicken Sausage and Peppers Macaroni Casserole
 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
-1/2 lb. chicken sausage
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-1 cup chopped onion
-1 small red pepper, chopped
-1 small yellow pepper, chopped
-1 clove of garlic, chopped
-1 14.5oz. can of petite diced tomatoes, drained
-1 cup marinara sauce
-1 cup water
-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
-4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
-4oz. uncooked whole wheat elbows
 
Directions:
 
1. In a large deep non-stick skillet, brown the sausage over high heat until cooked through and breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Set aside on a dish.
 
2. Add olive oil to the skillet, reduce heat to medium and add the onions, garlic, and peppers; sauté until the vegetables are soft (6-7 minutes)

3. Return the sausage to the skillet along with the remaining ingredients except for the pasta and cheese.

4. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.

5. Spoon just enough of the sausage/vegetable mixture to cover the bottom of a 9x9 casserole dish.

6. Cover with uncooked pasta. Spoon remaining sauce mixture evenly over the top and sprinkle with cheese.

7. Cover with foil and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven, let stand, covered, for 15 minutes.

Notes:

You can double this recipe to make enough for 8.

Serving Size: 1 piece of casserole
Serves: 4-6 (I cut mine to have 6 pieces, but the original recipe was for 8, so I reduced ingredients so it would make enough for 4.)
WW Smart Points: 8
Cook Time: 55 minutes
My Rating: 5 stars! I really liked this!
 

Recipe taken from www.skinnytaste.com

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Oh I'm a big fan of this one. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm all about those casseroles. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks super yummy and pretty easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was easy! Not the shortest one though since the cook time is kind of long, but putting it together was no sweat!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, pasta casserole style?? I'm all over it!! I wonder if I could subsitute the marinara sauce for something that is not tomato based...

    Great recipe Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely forgot you're not a tomato person! I'm sure you could do with alfredo or even pesto?

      Delete
  4. Oooooh. This looks delicious! I might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) I really love how it came out! It's definitely one that I'll put in the recipe book!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.