Tasty Tuesday #49
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Skinny Mac and Cheese Main Course Soup
-2 cups dry, whole wheat elbow macaroni noodles or penne
-3-5 slices of bacon
-1 cup fat-free milk
-1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
-2 (14.5oz) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
-1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
-2/3 cup, shredded cheddar cheese
-1 tbsp. reduced-fat butter
-1 tsp. paprika
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-a little black pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, but cook al dente.
2. In the meantime, cook bacon in microwave on paper towels. Be sure to cover the bottom and top of the bacon with paper towels. Cook 2-3 minutes until bacon is crispy. Blot well with paper towels and crumble and set aside.
3. Place milk and ricotta cheese in a blender and pulse until smooth.
4. In a large pot, add chicken broth, cheese soup, milk/ricotta cheese sauce, 2/3 cup shredded cheese, butter, paprika, garlic powder, a little black pepper. Stir often over medium heat, until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Stir in cooked macaroni.
5. To serve, ladle 1 and 1/4 cups of soup into each bowl. Top with 1 tbsp. cheese and a little crumbled bacon and scallions (optional).
-Once I combined all of the soup ingredients, I whisked to break up the cheddar cheese soup.
-Next time I might add some chicken sausage to give it a little bit more oomph.
Serving Size: 1 and 1/4 cups
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
My Rating: 3 stars. I liked this one, but I thought it was a little bland for me. Maybe if I added some chicken sausage that would spruce it up for me.
Recipe taken from www.skinnykitchen.com