Tasty Tuesday #52
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Chicken Teriyaki with Broccoli
-1/2 tsp minced garlic
-1 lb. uncooked chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
-1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
-2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
-2-3 cups brown rice, prepared separately
-4 cups frozen broccoli florets
1. Coat large skillet with spray and set to medium-hi heat.
2. When hot, add 1/2 tsp minced garlic. Cook stirring about 1 minute.
3. Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides, stirring often.
4. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce reduces slightly.
5. Cook 2-3 cups brown rice separately.
6. Steam broccoli in microwave.
7. Spoon 1/2 cup rice into bowl. Spoon roughly 1/2-1 cup of chicken mix onto rice and then 1/2 cup broccoli on top of chicken mix.
I love how easy this recipe is. If you are not a teriyaki fan, I think a different sauce would be equally tasty! (soy, sweet and sour, etc.)
Serving Size: 1/2 cup rice, 1/2-1 cup chicken mix, 1/2 cup broccoli
+: 7 pts.