Tasty Tuesday #59
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger
So, it's a week late, but here was my 4th of July dinner!
-1/4 cup chopped red onion
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper, to taste
-3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
-2 small cloves garlic, minced
-2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
-3 oz. part skim mozzarella, diced
(For turkey zucchini burgers:)
-1.25 lb. lean ground turkey
-1 small, zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
-1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
-1 clove garlic, grated
-1 tbsp. red onion, grated
-salt and pepper
-2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 10 thin slices
-4 loose cups baby arugula
1. Combine the red onion, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside a few minutes while you chop tomatoes, then place in bowl.
2. Add garlic, basil, and additional salt and pepper, to taste and mix well and set aside. Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
3. Squeeze the excess moisture from the zucchini in a paper towel. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, shredded zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Form into 5 equal sized patties about 5 oz. each, forming them as flat as possible.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, lightly spray with oil. Add the burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes, careful not to burn.
5. To serve, arrange 3 slices of tomatoes on each dish, then place 1 cup arugula on top in the center, then top with the burger and finish with the bruschetta (don't forget to add the cheese), serve right away.
1. I do NOT like zucchini. But the burger completely masks it! I didn't even know it was there!
2. I couldn't find just baby arugula, so I used a spinach, spring, arugula mix.
3. I paired this with macaroni salad and corn. (Because those are staple 4th of July foods.)
Serving Size: 1 patty
Cook Time: 10 minutes
My Rating: 5 stars (I LOVED THIS! Perfect summer meal and the fact that it's bunless, makes it so much lighter.)
Recipe taken from www.skinnytaste.com