Tasty Tuesday #62
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Turkey Stuffed Peppers and Cilantro-Lime Riced Cauliflower
-3 bell peppers (I used green, but original recipe called for red)
-1 lb. lean ground turkey
-1/4 onion, minced
-1 garlic, minced
-1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1 tsp. cumin
-1 tsp. salt
-1 cup fat free chicken broth
-1/4 cup tomato sauce
-1 and 1/2 cups cooked rice
-6 tbsp. shredded cheese
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Spray cooking spray in medium skillet and heat on medium. Add onion, garlic, cilantro and saute for about 2 minutes. Add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat until cooked through. (4-5 minutes)
3. Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
4. Combine cooked rice and meat together.
5. Cut the bell peppers in 1/2 lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup of mixture in each pepper half and place in a baking dish.
6. Top each with 1 tbsp. cheese. Pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the dish. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Cilantro-Lime Riced Cauliflower
-1 bag of riced cauliflower from Trader Joes or medium head of cauliflower to be food processed.
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-2 cloves, garlic
-salt and pepper, to taste
-1- 1 and 1/2 limes
-1/4 cup cilantro
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes.
2. Raise heat to medium-high and add cauliflower. Cover and cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until cauliflower is slightly crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place in medium bowl and toss with cilantro and lime juice to taste.
This was so fabulous.
Serving Size: 1 pepper half, 1 cup rice
Cook Time: 45 minutes for peppers; 10 for rice
My Rating: 5 stars!
Recipes taken from www.skinnytaste.com