Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

By 12:31 PM , , , ,

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6)
    by: Richelle Mead

Publication Date: Dec. 7, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Library
Page Count: 594 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 5/5 stars


They come first.

My vision was growing dimmer, the blackness and ghosts closing in. I swore it was like I could hear Robert whispering in my ear: The world of the dead won't give you up a second time. Just before the light completely vanished, I saw Dimitri's face join Lissa's. I wanted to smile. I decided then that if the two people I loved most were safe, I could leave this world.

The dead could finally have me.


Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose - for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back...and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?

Join Rose, Dimitri, Adrian, and Lissa in Last Sacrifice, the epic, unforgettable finale to Richelle Mead's international #1 bestselling Vampire Academy series.

         -goodreads.com description


I hate the end of a series. It's seriously depressing. After 6 books, you can't help but become invested in the characters. My heart ached for Adrian and I am glad he gets to be a part of Richelle's spin off series, Bloodlines. He sincerely loved Rose, and I think she loved him too, but it wasn't that whole soulmate- be all, end all love that her and Dimitri have. All in all, a great wrap up to the VA series. 

The romantic in me loves alot of quotes in this book. There were so many great ones.

Favorite Quotes:

“I don’t belong to anyone. I make my own choices."
"And you’re with Adrian," said Dimitri.
"But I was meant for you.”- Rose

“She was right about something else too," Dimitri said after a long pause. My back was to him, but there was a strange quality to his voice that made me turn around.
"What's that?" I asked.
"That I do still love you."
With that one sentence, everything in the universe changed.” 

“Auras tell a lot, Rose, and I'm very good at reading them. Much better than you friends probably are. A spirit dream wraps you own aura in gold, which is how I knew. Your personal aura is unique to you, though it fluctuates with your feelings and soul. When people are in love, it shows. Their auras shine. When you were dreaming, yours was bright. The colors were bright...but not what expected from a boyfriend. Of course, not every relationship is the same. People are at different stages. I would've brushed it off, except..."
"Except what?"
"Except, when you're with Dimitri, your aura's like the sun. So is his.” 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.