Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

By 9:22 PM , , , ,

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles #2)
      by: Kady Cross

Publication Date: May 22nd, 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Genre: Steampunk
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-Library
Page Count: 416 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.

             -goodreads.com description

Just finished this book a few days ago. I can't say I liked it better than the first one, but I loved that Griffin finally stepped up his game a little bit. This book takes the gang to NYC to help out Jasper, who has landed himself in trouble with a tough street gang. Finley ends up going undercover with them to help save Jasper. She is still of course, a complete badass chick. I love that these books have such a strong female lead.

The only thing that drove me crazy was the constant thoughts that she wasn't good enough for Griffin, being from different social spheres, and how she kept thinking they couldn't have a life together. Which drives me crazy because not once through either the first or second book has he shown that he is your typical Duke.

We'll find out what happens in the third book!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.